Welcome to the
Esperide "Digital Arts" Portal
The Esperide space plays the role of a gatekeeper: thanks to this little portal, one can find his path through most of our projects, which are loosely related to the theme of the digital arts, with often a technical point of view.
Video game programming is a too interesting subject
to be let in the hands of professionals!
The core group is a gathering of those of our projects that deal directly with video games:
- OSDL: Object-oriented Simple DirectMedia Layer, our open-source portable library for game programming
- OSDL-data: our multimedia content repository, from which resources can be thematically chosen in order to fuel, for example, a video game
- Once Sol: some preliminary steps towards a very hypothetical open source console [in French]
- DARM: a RPG video-game we are preparing, in the theme of In the Hall of The Mountain King (i.e., in French, Dans l'Antre du Roi de la Montagne)
The wingmen group federates our more generic-purpose projects:
- Ceylan: a free general-purpose portable open source C++ library, made to ease developement, notably for the OSDL project
- Clonic Tree: a small project dedicated to electronical knowledge and know-how, intended to be an helper project for Once Sol [in French]
The foreseen additions to Esperide are:
- the site of our game-book, Exil de Sumakosh
- a site dedicated to our game creation club CRI
- our SummerBloom website which will focus on our first clumsy attempts in the field of artificial intelligence applied to video games [not before a few years if ever]
One can check as well our FTP
site, including LOANI's mirror archive repository.
Have also a look to our splendid Esperide T-shirts!
Finally, even if being wholly unrelated to digital arts, we nevertheless want to promote also NACCR, a crazy project that we are very fond of.